DCS Parent Homemaker Aid
- - Montgomery Outpatient
- Crawfordsville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, a stable private non-for-profit community based health services provider is seeking to provide qualified person a full time or part time position as Parent Homemaker Aid serving families in Montgomery County.
The DCS Homemaker/Parent Aid provides assistance and support for parents who are unable to appropriately fulfill parenting and/or homemaking functions. Paraprofessional staff assists the family through advocating, teaching, demonstrating, monitoring, and/or role modeling new, appropriate skills for home management, basic parenting, child nutrition and child development in an effort to build self-sufficiency. This service also includes transportation and supervised visitation.
Essential functions of this job may include, but may not be limited to:
- Time management
- Care of children (Life Skills Training not the provision of Child Care)
- Child development
- Health care
- Community resources (referrals)
- Transportation *
- Supervise visitation with child(ren)**
- Identify support systems
- Problem solving
- Family reunification/preservation
- Resource management/Budgeting
- Child safety
- Child nutrition
- Home management
- Parenting skills
- Crisis resolution
- Parent/child interaction
May need to be available to work evening and weekend hours to assure consumer need is met.
All other duties as assigned by clinical management.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent and either
- one or more years of experience in a social services or mental related field or
- one year (2 semesters) or more years of coursework in a social services or mental health related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must possess competent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to document in an electronic clinical record; and,
- Will be able to thoroughly understand and execute the coaching approach to service delivery;
- Ability to maintain ethical behavior in relationship with the consumer;
- Ability to work efficiently and as a team member;
- Ability to form a collaborative partnership with the consumer;
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision-making independent of the need for direct supervision (although subject to review) and written protocols;
- Ability to apply knowledge and demonstrate effectiveness when working with consumers (and their family members) with severe and persistent mental illness, significant behavioral issues, addictions, and/or severe emotional disabilities;
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a performance improvement environment as a member of a high performance work team;
- Ability to provide courteous customer service to consumers, community partners and other staff members; and,
- Must demonstrate ability to teach and model daily living skills.
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins.
Apply today at www.cumminsbhs.org