School-based Life Skills Specialist - Pike Township
- - SB Marion
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Have a passion to impact youth in Marion County? Love helping kids and their families?
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is currently hiring a School-based Life Skills Specialist or Case Manager for a Pike Township school on Indianapolis's Northwest side. If you are a Bachelor's graduate with a background in social work and/or mental health care, we can provide you a stimulating, stable and rewarding career.
Cummins compensation plan includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide the consumer with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Education and experience needed:
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW), Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required.
- Two years' of post Bachelor's work experience in mental health is preferred.
- Must be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
To learn more about the many rewards of a career with Cummins, go to WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG