Human Resource Assistant
- - Avon HR 560
- 46123, IN, USA
- $16.83 to $17.79
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Helath Systems, Inc. is seeking candidates for a career as Human Resource Assistant at our office in Avon, Indiana (Hendricks County).
Under the supervision of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant) will oversee/assist a variety of human resources (HR) activities. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, personnel files, separated personnel, organize and conduct new employee orientation, new employee processing, assist with training and development, record keeping, personnel recruitment and placement, and assist with a variety of general HR activities and ensure all activities are in adherence with the corporate compliance program at Cummins.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Essential Functions: Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Human Resources customer service to all internal and external inquiries.
- Field calls and e-mail from employees, applicants, vendors and for employment verification
- Prepare new hire paperwork, notices, job description, orientation checklist sent to supervisors
- Prepare new hire HR packet presentation and document collection, instructions for completion of TB, HEP B, PPC, etc.
- Complete new hire background checks.
- Complete full DCS background checks. Maintain DCS background check log and notify staff/supervisors when completed. Request updates as needed.
- Assist with new hire paper work data entry
- Personnel files. Maintain personnel files, and documents contained, quarterly audits of files, request updated information as needed.
- Separated personnel. Maintain separated personnel employee log, pull personnel files, scan final Personnel Action Forms (PAF) and supporting documents in HR online.
- Prepare termination documentation, e.g. termination checklist, exit statement, exit interview questionnaire, etc. and forward to supervisor via email for completion.
- At Chief Human Resources Officer's approval, send email announcements of separation to appropriate staff members, and IT for each separating employee
- Assist with ELearning data entry, class completion, renewal updates, etc. Maintain CANSA due dates in ELearning.
- Complete professional development requests, and make necessary arrangements as needed.
- Assist with individual Workers Compensation reports and submission.
- Assist with annual HR projects (open enrollment, performance reviews, etc.)
- Assist with productions of orientation, benefit enrollment, interview and new hire packets, as needed.
- Prepare and send out initial employment period evaluations.
- Meet with employees to explain insurance benefits & enroll in insurance as applicable.
- Serve as back-up to other HR staff, e.g. Payroll Specialist/Benefits Coordinator for payroll processing and benefits administration; Recruitment; and HR Specialist for ELearning, etc.
- Will assume other appropriate duties and responsibilities as determined necessary and/or assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 2 years' experience working in an entry level position in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and work experience with an emphasis on HR assistant activities desired.
Prefer degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field; or equivalent related experience in Human Resources.
To Apply: go to WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG