School-based Life Skills Specialist
- - SB Marion
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
It's Different Here!
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems is seeking candidates with a background in social work, psychology, counseling or other mental health experience for a rewarding career in a position as a School-based Life Skills Specialist. This position will be impacting the lives of children through a variety of services, helping educate parents and supporting IPS school programs in Marion County.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Competitive salaries, regular reviews
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
School-based Life Skill Specialist duties include:
- Provide children with face-to-face; one on one contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Education and experience needed:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or other bachelor degree in human services field
- 2 years of post Bachelor degree experience working in the mental health field is preferred.
Learn about this position and the many rewards of a career with Cummins.
Apply today! WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG