Hendricks County School-based Life Skills Specialists at Multiple Locations
- - SB Hendricks
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems is seeking experienced Life Skills Specialists or a recent graduates with a background in social work and/or mental health care, for a stimulating and rewarding career as a School-based Life Skills Specialist. These clinician will join our school-based treatment teams in either Avon, Brownsburg, Danville, or Plainfield at elementary, middle, or high school settings within Hendricks County. Clinicians provide one on one therapy, family counseling and coordinating treatment with their clinical team.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
As a Life Skills Specialist, provide children with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals. You will communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families. You will also schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours and could be in the homes of the consumers or virtual.
Education and experience:
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, or another degree in the human services field
- Experience working in the mental health or behavioral health field is preferred
- Two years of post-bachelor's degree clinical experience is preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (flexible schedule, paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive and affordable insurance benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.