North Putnam Community Schools Life Skills Specialist
- - Putnam Outpatient
- Putnam County, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a Life Skills Specialist for school programs in North Putnam Community Schools within Greencastle. The position may work with elementary, middle and/or high school age groups. If you have or are receiving a bachelor's degree with a background in social work, sociology, psychology and/or mental health care, we can provide you a stimulating, stable and rewarding career.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Provide the consumer with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families.
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW), Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required.
- Two years post bachelor's work experience in mental health is preferred.
- Must be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
To learn more about the many rewards of a career with Cummins, go to WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.