Youth School-based Life Skills Specialist in Montgomery County
- - Montgomery Outpatient
- Crawfordsville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems has an immediate opportunity for an experienced case manager/life skills specialist or a recent graduate with a background in social work and/or mental health care, for a rewarding career as a Youth Life Skills Specialist. This position will join our treatment team in Montgomery County, providing therapy and coordinating treatment with their clinical team at schools in the Crawfordsville, Indiana area.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Provide children with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals.
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families.
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Education and experience:
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling or other human services field
- Experience working in the mental health or behavioral health field is preferred
- Two years post bachelor's degree clinical experience is preferred.
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
- Competitive salaries
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Clinical support from leaders in field
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.