Certified Peer Recovery Specialist in Crawfordsville, IN
- - Montgomery Outpatient
- Crawfordsville, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Does this sound like an organization you would like to be a part of?
"Cummins fully supports my recovery, my skills and experience" and "allows me to be creative in my work, gain additional training and have leadership that welcomes my thoughts and ideas"
"For me, Cummins cares about my well-being and encourages me to be my authentic self every day and supports my efforts of being able to give back to those who struggle with either mental health issues or substance use disorder."
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc., is seeking a full time Certified Peer Recovery Specialist to be part of our existing interdisciplinary team focused on addictions recovery and goal achievement to residents in Crawfordsville, Indiana within Montgomery County.
This position shall serve the mental health and addiction treatment population experiencing crisis. The CIT PRS serves as a member of the Certified Community Behavioral Health Center 24/7 Crisis Support Team in Hendricks County. This position works closely with local community crisis systems including but not limited to law enforcement, emergency medical technician systems, and hospital emergency rooms. This position is mobile when necessary and in coordination with other community safety response systems. Due to the 24 hours/ 7 days per week nature of the program, this position may work various shifts of the day/evening or over the course of the week and weekends.
- Engage in assessments, person-centered service planning, and culturally competent service delivery
- Use unique skills and life experiences to guide the individuals served through the multiple life challenges and opportunities that exist
Education and/or Experience:
- Prefers candidates who have lived experience with mental health and/or addictions
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required
- Must be able to verify completion of a state-approved Certified Health Worker/Certified Recovery Specialist (CHW/CRS) training program with passing score on certification exam and with supporting verification documentation.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a public passenger chauffeur's license
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
As a proud recipient of Platinum level certification for Mental Health America's Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems puts mental health at the forefront of employee health and well-being.
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.