Registered Nurse for New Program in Avon
- - Avon Medical 55H
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is adding a new full time Registered Nurse to our medical services programs in Avon.
Under the supervision of the Medical Services Practice Manager and the Medical Director, the CCBHC Registered Nurse (CCBHC RN) will assist youth, adults, and families in addressing medical and physical health barriers to their overall health and wellbeing. This position works as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary, whole-health team with a focus upon integrating physical health best practices into the care of those served in the CCBHC. This position maintains regular communication with internal providers as well as external providers throughout the coordination of care of persons served. Additionally, the CCBHC RN will provide screening and assessment, motivational health counseling and coaching, psychoeducation, and other evidence-based practice interventions aimed at improving treatment outcomes.
- Under the supervision of the Medical Director or designee, performs medical treatments and provides services delegated to the level of licensure that he or she is qualified to perform and documents all treatments, assessments, and observations as performed in the manner consistent with standards and recommendations of Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
- Performs patient care responsibilities taking into consideration the specific needs as it relates to the standard of care for consumer's age, education, medical status and medical history, as determined by the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Implements strategies to assist patients in their own health promotion, maintenance, and restoration, and assists patients in maximizing his or her functioning and achieving their treatment goals.
- Documents all services and interactions with patients in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in the appropriate service notes.
- Be knowledgeable of regulatory policies and practices regarding billing of clinical services.
- Collect blood, saliva, and urine samples, log the collection of these specimens, prepare specimens for testing and arrange for the pick-up of these specimens with the laboratory.
- Perform random, CLIA-waived on site testing as needed.
- Collects and records vital signs, clinometric scales scores, abnormal movement assessments, laboratory values and performs medication reconciliation, maintains allergy list and collects other data pertinent to the medical care in support of the staff psychiatrists or nurse practitioners at medical appointments and to complete follow up care
- Provides basic first aid to patients as needed.
- Provides medication information and education based on the need of a patient or upon recommendation of an advanced nurse practitioner or physician.
- Provides staff psychiatrist or nurse practitioner with an alert regarding need for education regarding a patient's diagnosis, medications, reported side effects, or other aspects of individual's treatment.
- Alerts staff psychiatrists and nurse practitioners to any reported medication side effects or other concerns voiced by the patients or their family members at the time of service or between scheduled medications follow-up appointments.
- Will facilitate registration and reporting for the medications listed in the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program.
- Responds to calls and messages (written, mix messages, email, faxes, etc.), both routine and urgent from those receiving medication management, their families, and other staff members, contacting the medical staff, and works to resolution with the team and patient/family member in a timely fashion.
- Orders authorized medications for patients as written in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) by the staff psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
- Participates in Funds Recovery activities.
- Performs Tuberculosis Skin Testing for patients and for staff members as needed.
- Provide assistance to patients and medical providers in tele-psychiatric services.
- Assist psychiatrists with hospital admissions and discharges.
- Performs other responsibilities, as assigned.
Policies and Procedures:
Will support and demonstrate through his/her actions the philosophy of Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc., as well as its corporate mission, vision, and values. The CCBHC Registered Nurse will meet all documentation requirements of the organization.
Education and/or Experience:
Indiana state licensure as a Registered Nurse or RN-MSN
Two years' experience in a psychiatric/mental health setting preferred.
Will complete CPR Certified trainer training, TB placement and assessment certification, naloxone training and phlebotomy training
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology;
- Demonstrates knowledge and interest in working with individuals struggling with psychiatric disorders;
- Ability to carry through with directives as requested by the Nurse Manager or Medical Director;
- Ability to apply knowledge and communication to age specific and/or population specific care competencies;
- Ability to collect information from patient and family members to determine nature and extent of patient needs;
- Ability to develop individual plan of treatment for each patient;
- Ability to document the therapeutic processes;
- Ability to maintain ethical behavior in relationship with patient;
- Ability to provide courteous customer service to consumers and other staff members;
- Ability to work efficiently and as a team member;
- Ability to follow corporate guidelines related to personnel policies and procedures;
- Thorough understanding of JCAHO, OSHA, Medicaid, Medicare, HIPAA, Meaningful Use, and all other applicable regulations; and
- Fluency in the utilization of an EHR and other software to facilitate above responsibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Learn about the many career options with Cummins at www.cumminsbhs.org or Apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.