CCBHC Care Coordinator for New Program in Avon
- - Avon Medical 55H
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Due to expansion, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc, is seeking to add new positions as CCBHC Care Coordinator in Avon area.
The position primarily provides individuals and families within the CCBHC with face-to-face and virtual contact. This position is an active member of Cummins' Medical Services Team. Additionally, this position is an active member of the consumer's treatment team who assists individuals and families with complex physical and behavioral health needs in managing the complexity of attending services and obtaining the resources necessary to navigate whole person care. The services that the Care Coordinator provides are under the supervision of a Licensed Professional and are driven by the treatment plan of the consumer. Care Coordinators follow best practice treatment models within a Recovery-based perspective that is intended to promote resiliency, optimal community participation, and eventual independence from ongoing professional behavioral health support. Care Coordinators utilize the following models and approaches to meeting the consumers' needs:
- SAMHSA's Recovery Model;
- SAMHSA's Eight Dimensions of Wellness;
- Person-Centered Treatment Planning (PCTP);
- Care Coordination Evidence-based Practices;
- Motivational Interviewing; and,
- Other defined integrated care, evidence-based practices.
- Screening and Assessing for Functional and Health Needs: Assess individual and family needs utilizing organizationally defined screening and assessment tools. Evaluate the individual and/or family's ability to function in major life domain areas including the ability to independently maintain their own health behaviors.
- Establishing Whole Person Care: Serve as the primary case manager assisting the individual and/or family served in seeking whole person care, managing the complexity of multiple life wellness domains. Ensure necessary releases of information, consents, and other required documents are completed and filed with the correct person or system.
- Referral and Linkage: Connecting the individual and/or family with services and resources in multiple wellness domains including physical and behavioral health. Ensuring continuity of care among internal providers and between internal and external providers; Providing assistance to consumers in making appointments and obtaining supports necessary to keep appointments; Provide appropriate linkages, referrals, coordination, and follow-up for patients to services and supports, including referrals and linkages to long term services and supports. Work closely with community resources and organizations in coordinating client services.
- Treatment Planning: Facilitating internal and external collaboration to develop person-centered/ family-centered integrated treatment plans empowering the person served as a self-directed, collaborative partner. Update treatment plan to reflect needs, strengths, preferences, and objectives to overcome barriers. Developing close working relationships with internal and external referral sources to increase continuity of systemic interaction that benefits the individual and family served.
- Coordinating and Collaborating with Providers: Interacting with other team members to provide comprehensive and timely assistance in resolving issues that are barriers to the individuals and families receiving services. Facilitating communication between providers within a schedule that meets outlined timeframes. Attend provider team meetings to promote collaboration of service and treatment providers.
- Coordinating and Collaborating with Systems: Provide health care appointment scheduling for patients to mental health, substance abuse, and physical health providers. Participate in hospital discharge processes and communicate with other providers and family members. Communicate and collaborate with hospital emergency department staff to ensure the coordination of patient care and treatment.
- Documentation: Accurately complete and file all documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Safety and Crisis Planning: Ensuring that a crisis and safety plan has been developed and/or reviewed when indicated. Assist the individual and/or family served in being able to implement their own safety plans.
- Problem-solving Barriers to Treatment: Ensure the individual and/or family served have adequate transportation to and from appointments, including transporting patients directly as needed.
- Supporting Medication Compliance: Assist individuals and their families when indicated in obtaining necessary medications and developing a meaningful routine that helps them maintain medication compliance.
- Health Promotion and Education: Serve as a community educator by providing mental health information to relevant individuals, families, organizations, and groups.
- Patient Advocacy: Advocate for patients who may be vulnerable or need additional support. Empower individuals and families in becoming their own best advocates.
- Attend Supervision: Attend and participate in individual and/or peer supervision as directed.
- May require use of personal vehicle.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human services, nursing, or related field; or
- Associate degree in human services or related field and (2) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.; or
- High school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc; or
- Any combination of the above to equal (4) years post high school.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Learn about the many career options with Cummins at www.cumminsbhs.org or Apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.