On-boarding Specialist in Avon, Indiana
- - Avon Clinical Operations 163
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems Inc., is seeking candidates with a background in social work, psychology and/or mental health care for a career as Onboarding Specialist.
Reporting to the Director of Orientation and Onboarding Services, the Orientation and Onboarding Specialist II is responsible for delivering teaching, training, and professional coaching to newly hired Therapists and Life Skills Specialists throughout the orientation and onboarding phases of the individual's career at Cummins. Additionally, the Orientation and Onboarding Specialist evaluates and tracks professional competencies of new providers, small group supervision, and coordinate with other departments and leaders necessary to assist in the maintenance of service quality for new hires.
Orientation to Onboarding Facilitation
- Provide clinical professional development to direct providers as related to the accountable learning organization model through the development of training plans with new hires.
- Ensure the implementation of competency-based staff development training plans to meet the needs of newly hired clinical providers and provide support necessary for professional success.
- Monitor for organizational changes and update the organizational learning materials to reflect the evolving organization.
- Guide, coach, and teach newly hired clinical staff such that the employment onboarding period develops high quality clinical providers- necessary for retention.
- Provide clinical documentation oversight for each assigned clinical provider following the organizational standards.
- With knowledge of internal and external regulations, ethical standards, organizational policies and procedures, contracts, payers, accreditation standards, and the organization's corporate compliance plan, provide education on the standard of quality.
- Conduct 90-day new employee competency evaluations in coordination with program leaders.
- Collaborate with team leaders, directors, and clinical psychologists throughout the orientation and onboarding period, for the benefit of ensuring new providers receive interdepartmental support and coordination and to streamline the learning process for the new provider.
- Provide group supervision to clinical providers during the onboarding period for the purpose of using the group process to facilitate an understanding of application of the organizational mission, vision and values, organizational procedures, and problem-solving related to barriers encountered in the work environment.
Other Essential Functions
- Establish timely and effective communication with appropriate staff to keep them aware of important corporate information, as well as to receive information and insights from them.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as determined necessary and/or assigned by the Director of Orientation and Onboarding Services.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree or above in related clinical field; Extensive clinical and operations experience on a regional /multiple facilities level; and
- From three to seven years' experience as a clinician and/or administrator in an accredited behavioral health organization of similar size or larger than Cummins.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.