Consumer Access Representative in Avon
- - Hendricks Outpatient
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems is seeking a Consumer Access Representative to support our Avon business office. The Consumer Access Representative performs essential functions pertaining to clinical records and all consumer related customer service issues.
- Meet consumers' needs by greeting them at the window and answering any questions in a courteous, professional manner.
- Greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner ensure that the Visitor Sign-in Policy and Procedures is followed.
- Answer phones in a courteous, professional manner and transfer call as needed. Routinely check voice mail throughout day and complete needed follow-up.
- Intakes: Complete new consumer intake paperwork packets including all required paperwork based on payor source. Explain the required paperwork to the consumer and reviews completed paperwork to ensure all needed information is captured on required paperwork and data enter all required information in electronic clinical record per Financial Intake Policy and Procedure and ECR-Access and Billing Manual/CH Access Daily Workflows.
- Check-in consumers for appointments: tag consumer as arrived, review checkout slips with consumers verifying all demographic information and payor information is correct and make any needed updates in electronic clinical record, obtain and/or provide consumers with 180 days financial updates, telemedicine consent, med use guidelines, and scales as needed, and collect co-pays/sliding scale and fees for service at time of appointment and enter payment in Zirmed and print receipt per Self Pay Payments, Billing and Collection Policy and Procedure.
- Schedule appointments for clinicians and psychiatrists, finish consumers on the master list, print consumer's future appointments/excuse letters, and call for transportation per consumer's request as needed; enter name and print daily schedules for next day appointments. Reschedule appointments when providers are out of the office or when offices close.
- Send, Scan, Log Initial PCP letters, MD/APN to MD letters, Medications at Discharge letter, and other letters requested by providers as needed.
- Experience with Spreadsheet for Windows and Word Processing for Windows.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use reasoning ability, e.g., solves practical problems and deals with a variety of situations; interpret a variety of instructions.
- Must possess good computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills, as well as be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to deal with the public, consumers, and their families.
- Must possess pleasant and service-oriented manner.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated comBilingual for Spanish munity behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today at: www.cumminsbhs.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.