Patient Service Representative in Avon, Indiana
- - Avon CA
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems Inc. is seeking persons with medical or healthcare office expereince for a full-time career position as Patient Service Representative located at our office in Avon, IN.
Under the general supervision of the Centralized Access Team Leader, this new position as the Centralized Access Representative performs essential centralized access functions pertaining to admission process including, inquiry, virtual access, scheduling, and authorization/denial management. Specific job functions include:
1. Answer incoming calls for new consumers.
2. Completion of the inquiry documentation.
3. Schedule new appointments and scheduling follow-up/cancelation/reschedules appointments.
4. Verify insurance to determine eligibility, deductible and co-payment amounts and obtain initial authorization and enter coverage plans.
5. Direct and assist new consumers to patient portal or Cummins website to complete registration and clinical paperwork.
6. Review and verify all virtual access intake paperwork is complete and/or scanned into electronic health record and update electronic health record as needed and complete the registration process.
7. Monitors Doxy.me Waiting room for virtual access intakes.
8. Makes virtual access intake outreach calls to consumers who called for inquiry but never did paperwork, who completed paperwork but never came into the waiting room, or who came to the waiting room, was unable to be seen and have not returned to the waiting room.
9. Sends text message reminders for virtual access intake appointments later in the day or will follow up via phone 30 min prior and fill spot if consumer is nonresponsive.
10. Completes tracking and reporting for virtual access.
Additional Responsibilities: May be assigned other responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in medical or behavior health office;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual skill in Spanish is desired.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated comBilingual for Spanish munity behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
- Remote work option is available part office part virtual work options.
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today at: www.cumminsbhs.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.