Professional Development Specialist for New Program in Avon
- - Avon Medical 55H
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Due to expansion, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc, is seeking to add new position as CCBHC Professional Development Specialist located in Avon, Indiana.
Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, the Certified Community Behavioral Health Center Professional Development Specialist (CCBHC PDS) provides direct training clinical support and assistance to providers working in the Cummins Certified Community Behavioral Health Center. Working in collaboration with the organization's leadership and the CCBHC providers, the CCBHC PDS identifies training needs, researches evidence based practices, designs training initiatives, and delivers training and coaching to assist providers in gaining new competencies necessary for a CCBHC.
- Assess Training Needs: Seek feedback from providers and collaborate with leaders to identify training needs for providers serving within the Cummins CCBHC.
- Developing Trainings: Research, design, and develop competency-based trainings on topics related to CCBHC services and the needs of CCBHC providers. Current training needs include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatments for Depression, Anxiety
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD
- Care Coordination in an Integrated Health Setting
- Military Veterans Culture
- Deliver Trainings and Learning Experiences: Deliver competency-based trainings using various learning modalities including: face-to-face as well as virtual trainings, group/team learning as well as one-on-one coaching, and co-facilitating clinical sessions with providers.
- Schedule trainings: Coordinate with providers and leaders to schedule trainings at times that least impact consumer care. Additionally, schedule coaching sessions with identified providers to coach them in achieving competency necessary to complete the job.
- Prepare Learning Materials: Prepare hard copy training materials such as curriculums, power point presentations, video trainings and written scripts.
- Assess Outcomes: Evaluate the outcomes of training sessions and maintain records of trainees' progress and achievements.
Training and Development:
Participates in professional development programs and in-service training or in conjunction with professional development plan. Serves a key role in developing and providing clinical, management, and other in-house staff training.
Master's Degree plus active Indiana Licensure to provide counseling:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
Experience with teaching and training preferred. Experience working with adults and children preferred. Experience in working with Evidence-based practice models such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Prolonged Exposure Training, and Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Learn about the many career options with Cummins at www.cumminsbhs.org or Apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.