Accounts Payable Specialist
- - Avon Business Office 260
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking experienced professional for a stimulating and rewarding career as Accounts Payable Specialist. This position will join our office team in Avon, IN within Hendricks County.
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Services, the Accounts Payable Specialist position is responsible for accounts payable; filing for the Business Office, daily mail distribution; daily deposits and other duties as assigned.
- Processes payments for purchase order transactions and invoices. Ensures payments are made to vendors according to the terms in the purchase order.
- Audits invoices against the purchase order/receiving report for correct vendor information, items, and quantity. Monitors invoices for correct information; investigates invoice or payment errors.
- Processes annual 1099 timely and accurately, including all documentation for each vendor is maintained.
- Completes daily deposit timely & accurately.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Filing for Business Office.
- Maintain central supply room for Business Office.
- Adherence to and promotion of the Corporate Compliance Program at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
- Clerical duties as assigned-typing correspondence, copying, faxes, audit petty cash, scanning and emailing etc.
- Back-up billing & collections of assigned payers.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates Accounting degree preferred.
- Previous accounts payable experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn accounting software systems, Great Plains Preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Banking/Bill pay experience preferred.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn more about the many rewards and benefits of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.