Health Information Coordinator
- - Avon IS 360
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, short/long term disability, PTO, matching 401K
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking candidates with a background in social work and/or mental health care, to a stimulating career as an Health Information Coordinator. The Health Information Coordinator will be based in Avon, Indiana within Hendricks County.
Under the supervision of the Privacy Officer, the Health Information Coordinator is responsible for managing requests for protected health information, discharging clinical cases, and medical record storage, retrieval, retention and destruction activities. The Protected Health Information Coordinator may also assist with audits, chart corrections, and other functions to support the health information services function.
Other duties may be assigned. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Assist with audit activities, as requested
- Discharges clinical cases upon request and ensures all components of the clinical chart have been completed and the requirements have been met before closure.
- Assists in matters including clinical record storage, retrieval, retention and destruction;
- Assists in completing requests for the release of protected health information in accordance with state and federal law and regulations including, but not limited to, HIPAA Privacy and Security laws and all of Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. policies and procedures around release of PHI;
- Assist with the establishment and/or improvement of Health Information Services organizational systems;
- Assure that confidentiality and privacy is maintained at all times during all functions;
- Will adhere to and promote the Corporate Compliance Program at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
- Provides training to staff as needed.
- Assumes other appropriate duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Works in collaboration with Corporate Compliance Team.
Education and/or Experience:
Previous experience in Excel and Word and other Windows Office software required;
Previous medical office experience. Behavioral health expereince is preferred;
RHIT/RHIA Certification is preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
To learn more about your new career options in this opportunity, apply today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.