Bachelor's Degree Life Skills Specialist Career Starting at $20.00 Hour in Indianapolis
- - Marion Outpatient
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, short/long term disability, PTO, matching 401K
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking an experienced clinician or a recent bachelor's graduate with strong interest in helping adults in a position as Life Skills Specialist in Indianapolis. Qualified candidates should have a background in social work, human service and/or in mental health and have a passion to impact adults at our Marion County adult rehabilitation services programs.
Essential duties include:
- Support the development of individual activities of daily living
- Provide in-home, and community supervision to meet the comprehensive needs of people with severe mental illness
- Manage the consumer's overall treatment and teach skills to consumers on an individual and group basis
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required or
- Associate's degree in human services or related field and (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.; or
- High school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc; or
- Two years' of post-bachelors work experience in mental health is preferred.
- Should be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
As a proud recipient of Platinum level certification for Mental Health America's Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems puts mental health at the forefront of employee health and well-being.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Cummins Benefits Include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn more about the many rewards and benefits of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.