Licensed Therapist helping Veterans
- - Hendricks Outpatient
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking an experienced Licensed Therapist, or a recent master's level graduate with a background in social work and/or mental healthcare, for a rewarding and challenging career as Licensed Therapist. This position will support our veterans programs in Avon within Hendricks County helping veterans and their families.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Licensed Therapists provide individual, family, and group therapy services to help people address mental, behavioral, or emotional issues that may be affecting their daily lives and relationships with others. Utilizing Wellness and Recovery principles, therapists empower consumers in achieving time-limited goals identified in their Person-Centered Treatment Plan. The therapist functions as an active member of the consumer's interdisciplinary treatment team with the common focus of guiding the consumer through the process of recovery, resulting in the consumer achieving self-direction, a redefinition of self, and transcendence from shame and stigma associated with mental illness. The services that the therapist provides are under the supervision of an HSPP and are driven by the treatment team of the consumer. Therapists utilize the following models and approaches to guide the consumer through the process of recovery:
- Person-Centered Treatment Planning (PCTP);
- Motivational Interviewing (MI);
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT);
- The Wellness and Recovery Model and Approach;
- And Other Best Practice Modalities.
As a therapist serving veterans within the Cummins' Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, this position necessitates clinical competency in serving military veterans seeking therapy services. This Licensed Therapist utilizes evidence-based care models associated with the Veterans Administration's Clinical Practice Guidelines including utilizing evidence-based treatments for PTSD, Depression, and Anxiety Disorders. Evidence-based Psychotherapy for PTSD Models include Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) and/or Prolonged Exposure Therapy. Evidence-based Psychotherapy for Depression and Anxiety Disorders include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) or Interpersonal Therapy. Additionally, this position will need to complete Family Therapy as driven by the military veteran consumer's treatment plan.
Duties and Functions:
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential functions required to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Essential functions of this job may include, but may not be limited to:
- Administer a Bio-psychosocial Assessment to individuals and families for the purpose of identifying barriers to overcome, reinforcing strengths to build upon, and developing a Person-Centered Treatment Plan in collaboration with the consumer;
- Ability to engage with consumers, their families and staff to develop relationships that are conducive to promoting confidence, independence, and self reliance;
- Provides individual, family, and group treatment modalities to persons from diverse cultural backgrounds, including the utilization of age-appropriate techniques for children and adults;
- Develop, monitor, and implement the consumer's Person-Centered Treatment Plan and review the plan as necessary and clinically appropriate to reflect the consumer's identified needs and achievements;
- When applicable, utilizes a holistic approach to strengthen the family system necessary to meeting the treatment goals of the consumer;
- Document services provided via electronic and paper records outlining medical necessity, consistent with internal and external standards;
- Administer the CANS/ANSA instrument as necessary to plan treatment, monitor clinical outcomes, and improve the quality of services;
- Participates as a member of the consumer's interdisciplinary treatment team during staffing times and case conferences as necessary in order to oversee the coordination of the consumer's treatment care;
- Provide consultation with community agencies and families to maintain coordination of care during the treatment process;
- Will demonstrate knowledge and ability to manage time productively and efficiently by managing and meeting Direct Service time expectations, monitoring case load reports, managing expenses and completing weekly schedules;
- Ability to recognize signs of abuse/neglect, develop an understanding of reporting procedures, and best practice intervention;
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of substance abuse, how to refer for further assessment or medical care, and best practice clinical interventions;
- Ability to identify and assess consumer risk factors, ability to follow best practice clinical interventions, and knowing how to refer for further assessment when necessary; and,
- Other duties as assigned by clinical management.
- Participates in training programs including the teaching of diagnosis and treatment methods conducted for the benefit of the community, and may act as a consultant for other community agencies.
- May provide additional services of Case Management, Skills Training and Development, and Crisis Intervention to consumers in need;
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in behavioral health, social work, counseling, or another related field
- Must be license-eligible in the state of Indiana as an LCSW, LMHC and/or LMFT;
- Two years postgraduate supervised clinical experience preferred.
- Must have temporary or associate license LSW, LMHCA, LMFTA, LAC.
- Experience with veterans/military population preferred but not required.
- Competitive salaries
- Sign-on bonus
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Provide supervision hours needed for licensure
- Full reimbursement of licensure application and exam fees
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
We offer a $2,000 sign on bonus to qualified master's level Clinicians
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today at: www.cumminsbhs.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.