Addictions Life Skills Specialist Career Starting at $20.00 Hour in Greencastle area
- - Putnam Outpatient
- Greencastle and surrounding cities, IN, USA
- Full or Part Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking an experienced clinician or a recent bachelor's graduate with strong interest in helping youth in a position as Addiction Life Skills Specialist in Greencastle, Indiana. Qualified candidates should have a background in social work, human service and/or in mental health and have a passion to impact youth at our Putnam County outpatient rehabilitation services program with emphasis on addictions.
Essential duties include:
- Will provide individual, family, and/or group relapse prevention skills training to consumers who are a part of Cummins substance use disorder program.
- Will be responsible for providing skills training targeted at reducing risk of relapse, teaching coping skills for both mental health and substance use disorder, helping consumers identify triggers, and teaching consumers how to develop a relapse prevention plan;
- Communicate and collaborate with various referral sources (for example: Criminal Justice Providers DCS, and internal/external prescribers) on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, face to face, and write Monthly Progress Reports to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families;
- Support the development of individual activities of daily living
- Provide in-office, in-home and community supervision to meet the comprehensive needs of persons with mental illness
- Manage the consumer's overall treatment and teach skills to consumers on an individual and group basis
Life Skills Specialists utilize the following models and approaches to meeting the consumers' needs:
- Person-Centered Treatment Planning (PCTP)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- The Wellness and Recovery Model and Approach
- The Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. Life Skills Specialist Service Delivery Model
- And other defined best practice modalities.
Education a:nd experience
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required or
Associate's degree in human services or related field or high school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc; or
Two years' of post-bachelors work experience in mental health is preferred.
Should be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
As a proud recipient of Platinum level certification for Mental Health America's Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems puts mental health at the forefront of employee health and well-being.
Cummins Benefits Include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn more about the many rewards and benefits of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.