Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Life Skills Specialist in Avon, IN
- - Hendricks Outpatient
- Avon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, short/long term disability, PTO, matching 401K
Expansion at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. has created a new clinical career opportunity. We are seeking experienced clinicians or recent bachelor's graduates with strong interest in helping youth and adults in a position as Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Life Skills Specialist. Qualified candidates should have a background in social work, psychology, sociology, human service and/or in mental health and have a passion to impact youth and adults, and families in Hendricks County. The position will be located at our outpatient rehabilitation services program in Avon, Indiana.
- Collaborates with the person served and Care Coordinator Facilitator or other Cummins staff as applicable, to develop treatment plans that shall include services and assistance necessary to achieve recovery goals, including an explanation of the availability, intensity, and duration of each service.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and therapeutic engagement of ACT team clients.
- Assists/trains clients in daily living skills; this included teaching and assistance with medically necessary services such as laundry, household, cooking, communication and social skills, recreation, grocery shopping, personal hygiene, and self-care skills.
- Monitor's medications in accordance with agency procedures to ensure that proper dosages are taken as prescribed.
- Assists clients in the proper budgeting and use of their funds.
- Acts as an advocate for clients to secure needed services and financial entitlements.
- Assists clients in obtaining transportation to activities of daily living as needed. Accompanies clients to appointments which connect them to community resources and services as appropriate.
- Locates and/or establishes self-help and support group for team clients, families, and/or significant others.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology, counseling or another related field of human services.
- 1-2 years post bachelor degree work experience in the behavioral health and/or mental health field is preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
Learn more about the many rewards and benefits of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.