School-based Life Skills Specialist at Speedway Schools
- - SB Marion
- Speedway, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, short/long term disability, PTO, matching 401K
Do you have a passion to really impact youth in Marion County? Do you love helping kids and their families?
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking experinced or recent graduates to work as School-based Life Skills Specialist at a Speedway school in Indianapolis. If you have a bachelor's degree with a background in human services, social work, psychology and/or mental health care, we can provide you a stimulating, stable and rewarding career.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide the consumer with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology, counseling or another related field of human service OR
- an Associate degree in human services or related field and (2) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.; OR
- High school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.
- 1-2 years previous post bachelor's degree work experience in the behavioral health and/or mental health field is preferred
- Should be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
Compensation and perks include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
- Clinicians will have the opportunity to request summers off.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
To learn more about the many rewards of a career with Cummins, visit WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG Apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.