Consumer Access Representative in Avon
- - Hendricks Outpatient
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems is seeking a Consumer Access Representative to support our Avon business office. The Consumer Access Representative performs essential functions pertaining to clinical records and all consumer related customer service issues.
- Meet consumers' needs by greeting them at the window and answering any questions in a courteous, professional manner.
- Greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner ensure that the Visitor Sign-in Policy and Procedures is followed.
- Answer phones in a courteous, professional manner and transfer call as needed. Routinely check voice mail throughout day and complete needed follow-up.
- Intakes: Explain new consumer intake process and have consumer complete information on tablet, computer and/or on paper including all required paperwork based on payor source if needed. Get insurance information. Let VOA know consumer is ready and place in a clean room when directed.
- Check-in consumers for appointments: tag consumer as arrived, check for flags in the system for information needed from consumer, update insurance information as needed and collect co-pays/sliding scale and fees for service at time of appointment and enter payment in Zirmed and print receipt per Self Pay Payments, Billing and Collection Policy and Procedure.
- Schedule appointments for clinicians and psychiatrists, finish consumers on the master list, print consumer's future appointments/excuse letters, and call for transportation per consumer's request as needed; enter name and print daily schedules for next day appointments. Reschedule appointments when providers are out of the office or when offices close.
- Send, Scan, Log Initial PCP letters, MD/APN to MD letters, Medications at Discharge letter, and other letters requested by providers as needed.
- Experience with Spreadsheet for Windows and Word Processing for Windows.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use reasoning ability, e.g., solves practical problems and deals with a variety of situations; interpret a variety of instructions.
- Must be a Team player.
- Must possess good office and computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills, as well as be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to deal with the public, consumers, and their families.
- Must possess pleasant and service-oriented manner.
- Must have good attendance and punctuality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated comBilingual for Spanish munity behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins. Apply today at: www.cumminsbhs.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.