Life Skills Specialist in Wayne Township School
- - SB Marion
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems Inc., is seeking to add a Life Skills Specialist with a background in social work, psychology and/or mental health care, to a rewarding career as School-based Life Skills Specialist in a program in Indianapolis, Wayne Township within Marion County.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Provide children with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals.
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families.
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Education and experience needed:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, counseling or other human services field
- Experience working in the mental health or behavioral health field is preferred
- Two years' of post Bachelor's degree clinical experience is preferred.
Benefits Offered Include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn about the many rewards of a career with Cummins!
Apply today at: www.cumminsbhs.org
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.