School Life Skills Specialist within Boone County
- - SB Boone
- Lebanon, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Does this sound like an organization you would like to be a part of?
"For me, Cummins cares about my well-being and encourages me to be my authentic self every day and supports my efforts of being able to give back to those who struggle with either mental health issues or substance use disorder."
"Cummins is a professional and diverse company with a top-notch team that truly cares about the individuals they serve; they support their employees wellbeing, work life balance, professional goals and aspirations and truly fosters a workplace where you're encouraged to be your best self"
Cummins is seeking eligible clinicians to be part of our school-based team improving the quality of life for children and families as a Life Skills Specialist at a school in Boone County. If you have a bachelor's degree with a background in human services, social work, psychology and/or mental health care, we can provide you a challenging, stable, and rewarding career.
Cummins values a culture of learning and wants to ensure you are on the right path to addressing your clinical goals. Our Cummins Academy learning support program provides ongoing training to all our team members. Our training academy aids providers in learning modalities of therapy, including: Dialectic Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Neuro-relational Approach and others. School based life skills specialists bring together schools and families to ensure success for the youth being served.
Cummins welcomes clinicians of all tenures in the field. We are a great place for a new clinician to start your career, but also a great place for seasoned clinician to be able to share your wisdom and experience with others.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide the consumer with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Life Skills Specialists utilize the following models and approaches to meeting the consumers' needs:
- Person-Centered Treatment Planning (PCTP)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- The Wellness and Recovery Model and Approach
- The Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. Life Skills Specialist Service Delivery Model
Education and experience needed:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required or
- Associate's degree in human services or related field and (2) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.; or
- High school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc; or
- Two years' of post-bachelors work experience in mental health is preferred.
- Should be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
Compensation and perks include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
To learn more about the many rewards of a career with Cummins, apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.