Life Skill Specialist with Putnam County School
- - Putnam Outpatient
- Greencastle and surrounding communities, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- Major medical, vision, dental, prescription drug, short & long term disability, flexible savings account, healthcare savings account.
Do you have a passion to really impact youth? Are you seeking a career helping kids and their families?
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is currently seeking experienced or recent graduates fro a career as Life Skills Specialist at a school in Putnam County. If you have a bachelor's degree with a background in human services, social work, psychology, sociology and/or mental health care, we can provide you a challenging, stable, and rewarding career.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide the consumer with face-to-face contact for the purpose of coaching, teaching, or using motivational interviewing to assist the consumer in meeting Person-Centered Treatment Plan goals
- Communicate and collaborate with school administration, counselors, and teachers on a consistent and timely basis via telephone, email, and face-to-face to address the needs and progress of consumers and their families
- Schedule work hours in accordance with the needs of the specific school satellite location; this may include early morning hours and after school hours in the homes of the consumers.
Life Skills Specialists utilize the following models and approaches to meeting the consumers' needs:
- Person-Centered Treatment Planning (PCTP)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- The Wellness and Recovery Model and Approach
- The Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. Life Skills Specialist Service Delivery Model
Education and experience needed:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree in human service field is required or
- Associate's degree in human services or related field and (2) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc.; or
- High school graduate or GED and four (4) years previous direct care experience in social services, behavioral health, school-based, etc; or
- Two years' of post-bachelors work experience in mental health is preferred.
- Should be creative, passionate, fun, and able to engage persons with diverse backgrounds.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Clinical support from leaders in field
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community mental/behavioral health and addiction services centers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
To learn more about the many rewards of a career with Cummins, visit WWW.CUMMINSBHS.ORG Apply Today!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.