Director of Environmental Services & Safety Officer
- - Avon Environmental Services 65
- Avon, IN, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- PPO major medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, health saving account, flexible saving account, PTO, employer matching 401K up to 6% of salary
The Director of Environmental Services/Safety Officer is responsible for building and grounds maintenance, housekeeping services and management of capital and fiscal resources. This position will serve as Safety Officer responsible for the development and implementation of the organizations safety management plan. And ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory standards including OSHA, Joint Commission, ADA, etc.
1. Prepares an annual Environmental Services budget and monitors for compliance.
2. Monitors capital repair and replacement schedule for all building and associated major equipment and vehicles.
3. Develops specifications, obtains bids and makes recommendations for capital repair, replacement or additions as indicated, incuding vehicles.
4. Ensures maintenance and safety of equipment, facilities, vehicles, and grounds.
5. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and safety laws impacting the organization.
6. Maintains a master schedule of interior and exterior cosmetic improvements for all facilities.
7. Ensures internal and external inspections and drills are completed in timely manner, to include but not be limited to:
· Quarterly self-inspections of all Cummins facilities
· ADA inspections
· Annual local governing fire marshal inspections
· Emergency drills
8. Works with supervisors and management to eliminate unsafe work practices at Cummins.
9. Assists management to understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
10. Reviews accidents and incidents reports occurring to employees, consumers, visitors, and others, and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
11. Develops policies, procedures or practices to ensure that the organization establishes an environment of care that meets the needs of individuals served, encourages a positive self-image, and respects their human dignity.
12. Ensures that the organization has designed and continues to provide a safe, accessible, effective, and efficient environmentc onsistent with its mission, services, and laws and regulations through training, drills, performance, and maintenance.
13. Ensures that management plans have been developed that addresses security, control of hazardous materials and wastes, emergency preparedness, life safety, medical equipment, utility systems, and the physical environment and are carried out as defined by internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory bodies, e.g., Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.
- Five years experience in Construction Trades and/or Plumbing and/or Electrical.
- Familiarity with OSHA and other regulatory and accreditation standards related to environment of care.
- Experience and understanding of The Joint Commission and/or other behavioral health accreditation standards.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to supervise and lead co-workers in safe work practices.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to organize paperwork and use tracker files (computer when available).
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy beneficial
- Working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees d management
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
Learn more about the many rewards and benefits of a career with Cummins. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.