Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Team Lead in Marion County
- - Marion Outpatient
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc. is seeking candidates with a background in mental health and substance abuse treatment for a opportunity as a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Team Lead to work from our outpatient office located in Indianapolis, Indiana serving Marion County.
The Licensed Substance Use Disorder Specialist Team Lead provides treatment to persons with substance use disorders and co-occurring conditions as part of the organization Lifelong Recovery Program. This position plays a role in ensuring quality clinical care for persons in the Lifelong Recovery Program by participating as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team staffing meetings, educating providers and persons served regarding substance use disorders and effective treatment, providing oversight of the Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs as well as the relapse prevention programs, and engaging in performance improvement activities to provide ongoing quality improvement for substance use disorder services.
- Provide assessment and treatment planning to persons with substance use disorder needs, including children and their families, including: assessing strengths, identifying barriers and risks, and developing recovery plans to address whole-person needs.
- Deliver individual and family therapy; intensive outpatient treatment (IOT); individual, family and group addiction counseling; skills training and development; and case management to persons served.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of disciplines in addressing the whole-person needs of people seeking substance use disorder services, including co-occurring conditions; Advises persons served on available community resources and provides referrals when indicated.
4. Provide clinical oversight of the Lifelong Recovery Program via:
- Participation as treatment provider of the IOT program;
- Providing expertise and direction to other providers on clinical issues such as the CANS/ANSA Substance Use Module scores, Substance Use Disorder diagnosis clarification, ASAM criteria/Level of Care placement, treatment planning, and evidence-based treatment interventions for persons with substance use disorders and co-occurring conditions.
- Provides guidance, staffing, and supervision to providers working with persons diagnosed as having substance use disorders as assigned to ensure that quality services are provided that accurately monitor risk factors, safety, and ASAM criteria during an adult/youth's time in clinical services.
- Leads and documents interdisciplinary team staffing with IOT group providers and substance use disorders counselors (as assigned) a minimum of one time per month.
- Monitors the quality of clinical documentation in the IOT program by auditing and co-signing group notes for each IOT provider.
5. Ensures adherence to Cummins substance use disorder treatment philosophy and clinical pathway.
- Must have a Master's degree in behavioral health, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Must have a passion and 1-2 years of experience in substance use disorder.
- Prefer having a valid IN license as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), License Clinical Addictions Counselor (LCAC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, (LMFT).
- Prefer a minimum or two years post graduate supervised clinical experience.
- Prefer a valid active LCAC license in the state of Indiana
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
As a proud recipient of Platinum level certification for Mental Health America's Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems puts mental health at the forefront of employee health and well-being.
- Excellent work life balance (paid time off and holidays)
- Provide clinical supervision hours at no charge
- Professional and Leadership Training and advancement
- Diverse career tracts
- Competitive salaries
- Matching contributions to your 401K program
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Full reimbursement of licensure application and exam fees
- Clinical support from leaders in field
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.